Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Cathedral















Sacre Coeur in Paris (friend Mark falling off), Cathedral roof in Sorrento, Cathedral Spire in Nelson, Cathedral floor in Buenos Aires, Whalebone Arch outside Stanley Cathedral etc. etc. The list is endless.

When I arrive in a new City I prefer to make my first stop the Cathedral. I don't know why, I am not even a Christian - but somehow the majesty of the city cathedral humbles and collects me. It gives me a feel for how the city was in older times and it offers me a chance to be silent. I also think many Cathedrals were built in spiritually important places, sacred sites, energetically charged spots - this helps my energy which has been ruffled by travel to align and settle.

The last Cathedral I visited was in Christchurch. Their prayer was simple and beautiful and I put it here for you to enjoy too.. I send it for my friends and loved ones, especially my Father.

God of many names
Lover of all peoples

We pray for peace in our nations and in our world

We pray for all who have the awesome responsibility of power and decision making

We pray for the innocent victims of violence and war

Lead us and all the peoples of the world
from death to life
from imbalance to health
from falsehood to truth
from despair to hope
from fear to trust
from hate to love
from war to peace

Let peace with justice fill our hearts,
our world,
our universe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home