Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Two Grans

I could not have been blessed with more gorgeous grannies - My Great Granny Esme and my step granny Marj who have both died, and my "direct" grannies who are very much alive and kicking!





Granny Enid

My dad's mum. What can I say - she's 84yo and has just driven herself 3 hours from Bicheno to Hobart to attend a Shakespeare course at the University of the 3rd Age! She had a stroke and got Graves disease when she was 68yo and then decided to take up painting - she's now a really successful, gorgeous miniatures painter.. Last year when she was outside looking at the comet, she broke her pelvis in a few pieces, had a blood transfusion reaction and was still out of hospital way before any of the doctors would have predicted. She's a total inspiration. She still does the odd bit of work at the local school and the kids love her. She's amazingly accepting and non judgemental. She has a gorgeous, open heart. The last pic is a pic of her with Jack, her lovely "toyboy" who she's been married to for many years - but whom she chooses not to live with! Isn't she cool wearing her Uggs!

Granny Denny

She's my mummy's mum and she's a second mom to me. Gran lived with us when we were growing up and it was a huge gift. She is a huge gift to me - a precious, generous lady who loves surfers, soccer players, tequila and chocolate cake! Cake, scones and waffles are options any time of the day - if you are ever feeling mis, gran is always available to cheer you up with a positive word and a biscuit. She is a demon jam maker and always looks for the silver lining in every situation. She won't say a bad word about anyone. She's as happy eating in a greasy spoon as she would be at a fancy restaurant - she just loves to be out and about. Life is still such an adventure to her. She just retired from work in February, 3 months before her 75th birthday. They'll all miss "gogo". Even though she has pretty bad arthritis in her thumbs she still manages to have the most gorgeous garden (the only time I have ever seen her being mean to is the snails in the garden - sheesh!). And if I was ever on who wants to be a millionaire - she's be my telephone buddy - never play against her in Trivial Pursuit! As much as she loves men in shorts or egg and bacon toasted sandwiches - there is nothing that makes her happier than seeing us happy.





Thank you for the love and joy you guys have brought me. Thank you for being such inspirations and such power women - whenever I am stuck I remember your blood flowing through my veins and feel stronger. Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home