Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hympie










Hym was a proud and handsome man who had twinkling eyes and a loving, generous heart. He was humble and charismatic, charming and cheeky, kind and wise. He was so precious.

Every time I met him I felt somehow that I was in the presence of greatness. I live at a fast pace, often not present, but something about Hym made me slow down, take note and be grateful. When in his presence I could connect with the still, expansive, light part of me. When he turned his attention to me it made me feel special, somehow radiant. He reminded me of all my good bits and my mundane worries would dissolve – simply being around him made me feel peaceful.
This photo was taken the last time I saw Hym. Now he is sparkling in our lives not just from his chair but he is all around, every minute in every way..

Thank you to God for Hym’s beauty. Thank you to Hym for the immeasurable love, joy and playfulness you sprinkled in so many people’s lives. Thank you to Jeni for sharing his journey with him. Thank you both for the beautiful legacy you created in giving us Nik.

May we take this day to grieve and celebrate a wonderful man, a wonderful life and a wonderful gift. I hope to treasure him as much in death as I did in life.

I am so sorry for your loss. May we be blessed with long, luscious life. Love Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home